The Health Ministry updates the indicators daily to identify regions with a significant spread of COVID-19. Based on this assessment, the State Commission on Technology-Related and Environmental Safety and Emergencies passed a decision once every seven days to designate the level of epidemic risks (yellow, orange, or red) in a region or separate administrative-territorial units of the region, after which introduce appropriate restrictive measures.
How are the different zones determined?
The "green" level allows you to review approaches to anti-epidemic restrictions in the direction of mitigation.
Installed simultaneously throughout Ukraine, if:
1) the incidence of influenza and SARS in at least 13 regions of Ukraine is less than 50 percent of the epidemic threshold
2) the rate of detection of cases of COVID-19 infection (by PCR and SARS-CoV-2 antigen determination) - less than 5 percent.
The "yellow" level acts as a base at the level of the whole country.
It is established at the level of regions.
"Orange" - a warning level, which indicates the complication of the epidemic situation in the region, which may lead to the introduction of increased restrictive
Set at the regional level if at least one indicator is exceeded:
1) the incidence of influenza and SARS exceeds the epidemic threshold
2) occupancy of beds provided with medical oxygen supply in certain health care facilities - more than 65 percent
3) the number of tests by PCR and to determine the antigen SARS-CoV-2 in the last 7 days per 100 thousand population - less than 300
4) the number of hospitalizations during the last 7 days per 100 thousand population - more than 60
5) the rate of detection of cases of COVID-19 infection (by PCR and SARS-CoV-2 antigen determination) - more than 20 percent
6) growth of hospitalizations during the last 7 days in comparison with the previous similar period - more than 50 percent
The "red" level is set at the regional level if 2 or more indicators are exceeded within three days:
1) occupancy of beds provided with medical oxygen supply in certain health care facilities - more than 65 percent
2) number of PCR and SARS-CoV-2 antigen tests during the last 7 days per 100,000 population - less than 300
3) the number of hospitalizations during the last 7 days per 100 thousand population - more than 60
4) the rate of cases detection of infection with COVID-19 (by PCR and for the determination of SARS-CoV-2 antigen) - more than 20 percent
5) growth of hospitalizations during the last 7 days in comparison with the previous similar period - more than 50 percent
The "red" level of epidemic danger is determined by the State Commission's decision on Energy and Emergencies at the Minister of Health initiative within 48 hours.
The State Commission's decision on Fuel and Energy and Emergency Situations shall enter into force not earlier than two days from the date of its promulgation.
The decision to abolish the "red" level is made if the region achieves all indicators for at least five consecutive days.
Entry rules to Ukraine
approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of June 2, 2021, approved by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of June 2, 2021, № 583 which stipulated that to cross the border, foreigners and stateless persons must have a negative PCR test, taken no later than 72 hours before crossing the border, or present a full vaccination course certificate.
Also, foreigners are still required to have a medical insurance policy, which covers the costs of observation and treatment COVID-19, and is valid for the entire stay in Ukraine.
Without an insurance policy and/or negative PCR test, the State Border Guard Service will not allow a foreigner/stateless person to cross the state border.
Similar rules were introduced for citizens of Ukraine, with the only difference must have made the PCR test no later than 48 hours before crossing the border. In the absence of such requirements, native citizens are obliged to undergo 14 days of self-isolation.
The Ministry of Health recommends the PCR document to:
Be in English (translation into Ukrainian is preferable - not obligatory.
State the sample collection time and the time when received the result.
Specifically, mention the test type – PCR – polymerase chain reaction.
Show the full name, date of birth, and passport number of the traveler.
Include name, address, and contact details of the lab performing the test
Clearly state the result – COVID-19 Not detected or negative.