Updated: Sep 10, 2020
List of affected cities by epidemic level (color) as per Aug. 21.
Ukraine decided to revise the country's zonal division in connection with the spread of coronavirus infection.
The corresponding decision was taken yesterday (August 20) at a meeting of the Commission on Technogenic and Environmental Safety and Emergencies, said the Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Oleg Nemchinov in his Telegram channel.
The levels of epidemiological danger in several areas changed, and new regions were assigned to one or another quarantine zone from "green," to "yellow," "orange," or "red." Thirteen areas changed the level of epidemic danger.
All non-green affected cities by epidemic level as per Aug. 21.
To determine which of the zones (color), a particular region belongs to, the following indicators are analyzed:
Occupancy in hospitals - no more than 50% of beds - if the bed occupancy is more than 50%, the "orange" level is entered, if more than 75% - "red."
The average number of tests performed - at least 24 per 100 thousand residents during the last seven days (previously there were five days)
The incidence rate should not exceed the baseline level - 40 cases per 100 thousand population within 14 days.
The transition to one or another zone (color) will occur when the indicators are exceeded for five days in a row.
The Commission decides to establish the level of epidemiological danger every seven days, and the decision to reduce the level of risk cannot be revised earlier than after 14 days.
How epidemic zones limit your circulation
Depending on the Epidemiological Situation, All Regions Are Divided Into 4 Zones:
Green, Yellow, Orange, and Red According to the Covid-19 Risk Levels
Green zone rules envisage:
- wearing face masks or respirators in public places;
- holding mass events with no more than one person per five square meters;
- occupancy at cinemas should not exceed 50%; and
- transportation of passengers only within the seating capacity.
Yellow zone (+ green zone rules) restrictions include:
- visiting social welfare facilities where elderly people are staying, except for those that provide services in critical situations.
Orange zone (+ yellow zone restrictions) bans include:
- operation of accommodation establishments (hostels, tourist bases, etc.), except hotels;
- work of entertainment facilities, restaurants at night;
- scheduled hospitalizations;
- operation of gyms, fitness centers, cultural institutions;
- new shifts in children's camps; and
- restrictions for public events: one person per 20 square meters and no more than 100 people.
Red zone (+ orange zone restriction) bans include:
- operation of public transport;
- visiting educational institutions; and
- work of shopping malls, cafes, and restaurants.
The rules for border crossing are the following: visitors arriving from green-zone countries should have an insurance policy only. Those who arrive from red-zone countries, should have an insurance policy and undergo 14-day self-isolation or have PCR testing. A region with a high incidence of COVID-19 cases is a region in which one of the following features is present: